Yola is easy-to-use website builder and secure hosting services, Yola’s solution offers ecommerce, social-networking, mobile and marketing capabilities. Yola has more than ten million users and is available in sixteen different languages.
Yola is looking for a Devops Engineer. Looking for candidates to help us build and maintain our continuous delivery and configuration management, as well as provide architectural input to engineers across the technical stack.
Remuneration will be based on the candidate’s skills and experience, and Yola wants the best people out there.
You will almost certainly have:
- a strong technical background in continuous delivery and configuration
- an intimate knowledge of how internet protocols works and how to debug them ;
- experience with secure, RESTful APIs, and an understanding of the front-end web technologies that communicate with them ;
- extensive experience working with Linux ;
- an ability to innovate simply in the face of complexity.
It would be useful if you had:
- experience using Chef to instrument nodes in diverse environments ;
- a background in Python or another scripting languages ;
- experience working across multiple programming languages ;
- experience in cross-application debugging ;
- experience in scaling data, both relational and no-SQL ;
- experience with code review — both reviewing and having work reviewed (this is kind of rarer in the ops world…) ;
- an ability to work under pressure while maintaining a sense of humor.
Your responsibilities might include (but also probably will not be limited to):
- architect, build and evolve dev tools, continuous delivery and deployment systems ;
- build and maintain environment provisioning for integration and qa environments ;
- work closely with engineers on architecture, design, organization, deployment, and planning of key projects ;
- be on call to respond to production outages. This involves debugging and where necessary escalating to appropriate engineers. We have Ops engineers in multiple timezones, so wake-ups are very rare.
- friendly working environment in international professional team ;
- challenging tasks ;
- 24-day paid vacation, paid sick leave ;
- compensation of foreign language courses and sport sections ;
- corporate events and team-building ;
- comfortable office with (restroom, coffee, treats).