Yola is looking for Senior Python developer!
Yola.com is a site building platform with more than 12M users worldwide. Yola enables small businesses, non-profits, and everyday users to create, manage and grow their online presence easily and with no technical knowledge. In addition to a robust, easy-to-use website builder and secure hosting services, Yola’s solution offers e-commerce and marketing solutions.
At Yola Engineering, specialists love their craft. Yola’s team is comprised of engineers of all skill levels. There is ever present desire to learn and share what you have learned. Everyone on the team, regardless of experience, is free to work in all levels of the stack. Yola values open source and try to publish our work wherever possible.
We love code review and testing. We love transparency and passion. Our engineering culture is remote, if you join our team you’ll have coworkers in: San Francisco, Florida, South Africa, Kyiv, Lviv, and Dnipro.
About the role
Yola is looking for a Services Engineer. You will develop and maintain applications with RESTful APIs (primarily developed in Python Django) that participate in our service-oriented architecture.
You will almost certainly have:
- extensive experience in at least one back-end programming language;
- experience building and maintaining performant, secure, RESTful APIs, and an understanding of the front-end web technologies that communicate with them;
- experience writing unit and integration tests;
- an ability to innovate simply in the face of complexity;
- english level: Upper-intermediate and higher.
It would be useful if you had:
- experience with Python web frameworks such as Django Rest;
- frameworkExperience with test-driven development;
- working experience with Linux servers;
- experience using multiple programming languages;
- experience benchmarking website performance;
- an idea of what a chef recipe is and may even have created one;
- experience in cross-application transaction management;
- experience in scaling data, both relational and no-SQL;
- experience with code review, both reviewing and having work reviewed;
- an ability to work under pressure while maintaining a sense of humor.
Your responsibilities might include (but also probably will not be limited to):
- developing and maintaining Django applications;
- writing unit and integration tests for the code you write;
- diagnosing issues spanning multiple applications and servers and troubleshooting them;
- working with the front-end engineers in the development of client libraries for the services;
- working with your team to flesh out, break down, and estimate the size of task requirements;
- working with external partners and users of Yola APIs;
- working with an international team, in English.
What company offers
- challenging work in the international professional environment;
- fully equipped A-class office space in the center of Kyiv;
- flexible working hours;
- 18 paid vacation days per year;
- paid sick leave;
- team building events, and conference attendance;
- a social package, including gym membership, medical insurance and English courses compensation (50%).