Yola.com is looking for Line Engineering Manager in Kiev!
Yola.com is a site building platform with more than 13M users worldwide. Yola enables small businesses, non-profits, and everyday users to create, manage and grow their online presence easily and with no technical knowledge. In addition to a robust, easy-to-use website builder and secure hosting services, Yola’s solution offers e-commerce and marketing solutions.
Founded in 2007, the company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, has offices in Cape Town, South Africa, and in Ukraine.
About the role
You will support the team in developing clear roadmaps, prioritized backlogs, a systemized project/feature request process, known velocity, company-wide transparency, checkpoints to continually improve especially as we scale, and most importantly the ability to deliver on commitments and business value while crafting an extraordinary site-building experience.
Yola is a multinational company distributed within three continents, therefore advanced English is a must.
- manage and mentor all members of the engineering team;
- monitor the performance of individual contributors and help manage their professional development;
- to be in charge of Product development plans management and execution, and delivery commitments;
- driving the tactical day-to-day product delivery process, including removing impediments that kill productivity or block the team’s progress;
- empowering the engineers to make the biggest impact possible for the company while reaching their professional development goals;
- establishing and maintaining processes to ensure the Engineering team works efficiently (internally, and with other teams);
- work closely together with Product managers on Backlog, Goals, dependencies, and delivery metrics;
- define and execute on a hiring plan.
- 5+ years of managing development teams experience (20+ team members);
- must be an independent, self-motivated leader who is able to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results;
- experience with developers interviewing and onboarding;
- experience in managing geographically distributed teams;
- impeccable leadership, organizational, analytical and time management skills;
- proven ability to influence cross-functional teams and mentoring;
- advanced level using Jira / GitHub Issues;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills (English);
- opportunity to significantly influence our product roadmap and strategy, and technologies;
- challenging work in the international professional environment;
- fully equipped A-class office space in the center of Kyiv;
- flexible working hours;
- 18 paid vacation days per year;
- paid sick leave;
- team building events;
- a social package, including gym membership, medical insurance and English courses compensation (50%).