Dragonfly Aerospace is a space technology solutions provider based in Stellenbosch, South Africa. DF offers commercial satellite solutions as well as a range of advanced engineering services, imaging payloads and operational solutions using space and related technologies. The highly experienced and motivated satellite engineering team develop and manufacture high-performance imagers and satellites, targeted at earth observation constellations.
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/dragonfly-aerospace/
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To ensure accurate financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and compliance with local accounting standards, tax regulations, and statutory requirements.
The Finance Manager role is a combination of financial accounting responsibilities as well as managerial duties. This role encompasses overseeing the financial accounting operations of a team, managing financial reporting, payroll, and providing leadership to the team.
- Keeping accounting and tax records in the ERP system Odoo. Monthly period closing process within set deadlines. Annual reporting according to IFRS with audit. Ensure proper preparation, collection, and storage of primary documents;
- PAYROLL: Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, taxes, and other deductions. Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates. Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements and support internal and external audits related to such. The current payroll system is Sage;
- TAX REPORTING: Ensure full financial and tax reporting compliance. Timely and correct accrual and payment of taxes. VAT and payroll taxes reporting. Monitoring of changes in legislation. Working through accounting and tax aspects of future business transactions. Monitoring of changes in legislation;
- TREASURY and CF MANAGEMENT: Cash-flow planning and control. Developing and maintaining relationships with financial institutions for banking and financing needs. Payments processing for business needs;
- BUDGETING AND FORECASTING: Collaborating with other departments to prepare and analyze budgets and forecasts. Providing financial insights and recommendations to support budgeting and forecasting decisions.
- STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT: Collaborating with cross-functional teams, senior management, auditors, and other stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting. Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and addressing inquiries and issues related to financial accounting and reporting. Provide access to up-to-date, full and consistent management reports to all stakeholders.
- BAcc/BCom degree (with an Accounting major) or equivalent;
- Advanced Excel knowledge;
- 5-10 years experience in accounting in a manufacturing company;
- Sound knowledge of tax regulations;
- Strong understanding of financial principles and the ability to provide strategic financial guidance to support business objectives;
- English proficiency;
- Excellent process implementation and problem-solving skills;
- Devotion to quality;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Having certification or actively studying towards CIMA, ACCA or equivalent would be a plus.
- A global data-driven company, with a unique product and strong R&D center;
- Exceptional innovative and dynamic work environment;
- Tremendous growth & career advancement opportunities;
- Directly impact and build experiences for our team;
- 20 vacation days Per year;
- 30-day sick leave over the period of 3 years
- 3-day family responsibility leave, 4 months unpaid maternity leave.